Florida FarmFinder™ works to continue Florida’s rich farming heritage by keeping productive farmland in production. The majority of farmers in the state of Florida are over 55 years old, and almost half of Florida’s agricultural lands will change hands in the next twenty years. Many older farming families are faced with the reality that there is not a younger generation to continue farming their land. Similarly, many beginning farmers enter the field but are unable to secure affordable access to land. The Florida FarmFinder was created to address both problems by connecting farmers and farmland owners with beginning farmers.
Scope of the FarmFinder
The Florida FarmFinder’s searchable database provides listings of available farmland and farming opportunities, and profiles of farmers in search of mentoring and agricultural employment opportunities. Users may search for listings fitting certain criteria—such as region of the state or land use, or may access the entire set of listings. Registered users may create their own listings, and can contact others with listings.
Sponsors and Funding
Florida FarmFinder is a program of Florida Organic Growers (FOG). This program was originally created by the Conservation Trust for Florida (CTF) in coordination with the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences and the Department of Agronomy through grant support provided by the USDA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development program.
For more information regarding the Florida FarmFinder program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Agreement with Registered Members
By accessing the Website or becoming a Member, you consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
Becoming a Member
You may become a Member of the Service at no cost. As a Member, you may post content and request communication with other Members regarding the postings listed within the Website. FOG may withhold Membership or publication of your listing if it deems the information provided in your application incomplete or inappropriate in any way. You may terminate your membership and remove your posting at anytime by selecting the "unpublish" option on your profile or by contacting email@example.com.
Your Interactions with Other Members
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members of the Website. FOG does not validate the truthfulness of any posting on the Website, and any matches are the responsibility of the Members. FOG recommends any Member considering a transaction with another Member perform due diligence regarding the transaction. This may include consulting an attorney or other professional.
Content Posted by You on the Website
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (“post”) on the Service, or transmit to other Members. You will not post on the Service, or transmit to other Members, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to Florida Organic Growers or any other Member. If information provided to FOG, or another Member, subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify FOG of such change.
- You understand and agree that FOG may review and delete any content, photos or profiles (collectively, “Content”), in each case in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of FOG violate this Agreement or which might be offensive or illegal.
- By posting Content to any public area of the Website, you further represent and warrant that public posting and use of your Content by FOG will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website:
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming;”
- Promotes information that is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
- Involves commercial activity other than that which the Service is intended to promote.
- Your Use of the Service, including but not limited to the Content you post on the Service, must be in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
FOG is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with this Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Service. FOG is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service, and makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding any match that results from the use of this Service.
Information we collect about you.
We collect and store personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We also request information about your farming experience or property. We do not publish the identifying information that your provide on your application on the FarmFinder website (i.e., name, address, phone number, or email) on the publically accessible pages of our website. We require that other Members wishing to contact you complete a contact request form that identifies you only by your listing title. It is completely up to you whether and how you respond to such requests.
How we use the information we collect.
- We may use the information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of our services;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about the Service;
- Enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- Manage the Service; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- How we protect your information:
- We will not sell, nor distribute at no-charge, your contact information to any entity, for any reason;
- We will never identify you by name without your express consent in publications or reports about Florida FarmFinder;
- We will not provide your contact information without your consent to members or non-members outside the framework of the FarmFinder;
- We will not use images that you provide in your profile for other purposes electronically or in print without your express consent.